|Joint Programme Info Box|
Latin America and the Caribbean
Manabí, Los Rios, Esmeraldas and Bolívar
Junio 28, 2009 - Junio 28, 2013
United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)
United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
International Labour Organization (ILO)
Pan American Health Organization (PAHO/WHO)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Ministerio de Desarrollo Urbano y Vivienda (MIDUVI)
Secretaría Nacional del Agua (SENAGUA)
Ministerio de Salud Pública (MSP)
|Browse Joint Programmes by multiple criteria|
The programme will contribute to developing democratic government in the W&S services with a perspective on integrated management of water resources, social, territorial and gender equality, contributing to the government-driven State reform process within the framework of the National Development Plan. Anticipated results include: Increased access to safe water and sanitation for the poorest populations of four provinces; contributing to the achievement of target 10 of MDG 7 and having an impact on MDGs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8; implementation of a new regulatory and institutional framework for the W&S sector; design and implementation of consensual public policies for effective services management; improvement of the technical, administrative and financial capacities of service providers in the areas of intervention; and the empowerment of women, social organizations and communities that participate in the sustainable and transparent management of the sector.
Read more about this JP on the MDG-F website.
- Improved national and local capacities for the effective implementation of an agreed new regulatory and institutional framework for the water sector and the water and sanitation subsector, which contribute to the integrated and sustainable management of water resources, social, territorial and gender equality.
- Indicators of improved economic, technical, social, environmental and institutional sustainability of water and sanitation service providers in the four provinces selected for the Programme.
- Women and social empowerment organizations influence the creation of regulatory frameworks governing water and sanitation services, the monitoring of water quality and the sustainable management of their services in the Programme's area of intervention.
- Improved access to sustainable, high quality water and sanitation services for the urban and rural population of the provinces of Esmeraldas, Bolívar, Los Ríos and Manabí.
- Strengthening of national and local capacities for the participatory formulation of a National Plan for Water Resources.
- Agreements with the Association of Ecuadorian Municipalities (AME) and the Ecuadorian Professional Training Service (SECAP).
- Agreement with the Secretariat of Peoples to support the creation of forums for public participation.