|Joint Programme Info Box|
Latin America and the Caribbean
Regions of Atlántida, Copán, Lempira and Valle
28 August 2008 - 30 August 2012
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
Pan American Health Organization (PAHO/WHO)
United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
International Labour Organization (ILO)
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
National Council for Water and Decontamination (CONASA)
Secretariat for Public Health (SSP)
Independent Service for Aqueducts and Drains (SANAA)
Regulatory Body for Water and Decontamination Services (ERSAPS)
Secretariat for Governance and Justice
Association of the Towns of Honduras (AMHON)
Centre of Studies and Contaminant Checks (CESCCO)
Secretariat for Natural Resources and the Environment (SERNA)
Institute of Forestry Conservation (ICF)
Permanent Contingencies Committee (COPECO)
Secretariat of Agriculture and Livestock (SAG)
|Browse Joint Programmes by multiple criteria|
The overall objective is to consolidate the modernization process in various sectors with a view to achieving the MDGs, the points of the Poverty Reduction Strategy, under the leadership of the government and with the coordinated cooperation of the United Nations Agencies. The Programme will support the design, development and implementation of policies in various sectors, using a socially inclusive approach, under the leadership of the national government, and strengthening infrastructure investment mechanisms in smaller cities, outlying areas and rural zones. These interventions will have the backing of leading institutions in various sectors, in areas specifically identified as poor, and public participation, making use of current initiatives and successful experiences and seeking to create synergy, the mobilization of additional resources and the incorporation of new actors in the sectors’ development.
Read more about this JP on the MDG-F website.
- Policies designed/developed and implemented in various sectors, using a socially inclusive approach, under the leadership of the national government.
- Investment support mechanisms established in smaller cities and developing and outlying areas of the country, through direct financing from the Programme and other resources mobilized through strategic alliances with government institutions and other cooperating bodies.
- Investment support mechanisms established in rural areas of the country, through direct financing from the Programme and other resources mobilized through strategic alliances with government institutions and other cooperating bodies.
- 14 Annual Water and Sanitation Operating Plans are underway in the program's catchment area.
- Municipal officials received training on the execution, revision, and implementation of land-use and urban development zoning proposals.
- Completion of 24 designs for water and sanitation systems for communities that have never had these services or have outdated services.